Food Journal: November 4th, 2013

Today I did pretty good again.

I started the day with some eggs fried on top of yellow peppers, pico de gallo, and a bit of ground beef. It ended up burning a little bit, as my daughter woke up right when I had it in the pan with a lid on so the eggs would cook. I guess it took me too long to attend to her AND I may have had the heat too high, so in the end the veggies got a bit scored and the eggs were more cooked than I really like. It was still good, tough. To drink, coffee.

Breakfast on November 4th, 2013

Then at lunch I made myself a salad at the office’s salad bar, containing: watercress, arugula, spinach, carrots, red peppers, jalapeño, beets, mushroom, cucumber, olives and shrimp, drizzled with olive oil. To drink I had strawberry basil infused water.

Afternoon is where I start having problems. I’ve ben snacking more than I should have. Snacking without being really hungry, just for the sake of munching on something. I spend the afternoon on the road, but as soon as I got home I snacked on cocoa almonds, a banana, a tiny bit (wanted to try it) of coconut almond butter, smoked salmon. While already having the coconut almonds butter I realized it contains added sugar. The funny thing is that I did found it way too sweet. So I guess it will be consumed very slowly and sparingly…

Then at dinner time I repeated yesterday’s dinner feast and had my vegetable curry with ground beef again. To drink, San Pellegrino with a lime wedge on it.

Dinner on November 4th, 2013

About the meditation challenge, yesterday was a bit hard. I tried several times throughout the day, in an attempt to see if I could concentrate enough on non-silent places. I can’t. I had to wait about 40 minutes on a waiting room at homeland security office, but every time I’d try, something would happen around me that would interrupt my concentration. I did got to 4 minutes once. But never 5. Then, back at home I missed the opportunity to try before hubby and kids arrived (was too busy snacking uncontrollably) so I tried again while hubby was bathing kids. Still noisier than I needed.  But… since I did try several times and manage to get a few good minutes out of each mini-session, I called it the day and did not try again. Tomorrow I’ll try on a quiet place again to make it more efficient.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s